Understanding The Blessing of Children

 


This post is dedicated to children (especially my own πŸ’•). May you know that you are deeply loved and chosen by Yahweh God. No mistakes in the Kingdom, but you are called from the womb to live out His will in this earth.

"For You are my hope, O Yahweh God; You are my trust from my youth. By You I have been upheld from birth: You are He who took me out of my mother's womb. My praise shall be continually of You. I have become as a wonder to many, But You are my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with Your praise and with your glory all day."

Psalm 71:5-8

One of the saddest things within the body of Messiah is the zero understanding of why we are called to be fruitful and multiply (Genesis 1:28). Do we know why we have children?

Have you ever sat with a group of mothers, or even one or two mothers who DID NOT complain about how hard mothering is or complain about her children (me included) ......you probably have not experienced that. When asked, "do you want more children?" mothers quickly respond with a laugh and say "Noooo!, I'm done". Usually, these conversations happen while our children are in our midst. One day when arriving home from an outing with my children, one of my sons asked me "Mama, why don't people like children?", surprised at his question, I then quickly remembered that he was at my side while I was conversating with a mother who said "No thank you, I don't want more children". Though the mother did not directly tell me that she did not like children, but my son interpreted her words in that way, because surely if she liked children, she would want more......I'm always amazed at how children think, they are smart😊. Now you must know that these conversations my children hear all the time when we leave the house, our large family attracts lots of attention, so these types of conversations often get started.

My husband finds it funny when parents say, "my children are a blessing", and when we ask them "are you going to have more?" they quickly respond saying "no".........but they definitely accept the blessings of money, cars, better living space, but never more children. I have heard older parents tell their adult married children, not to give them grandchildren now because they are too young to be grandparents, what a messed up world we live in, what happened to the older generation longing and waiting with anticipation for their grandchildren's birth, and we believe that we are such amazing and "good" Christians in our proud modern world, we believe Yahweh God is impressed with us.

And yes, I fully agree that mothering is hard. I know the sleepless nights, the constant teaching, training and disciplining, the call "mama.... mama" when you just knelt down to pray, or when you just climbed in the shower (you were so sure that baby was sleeping!), caring for children when they are sick, or what about those moments when your newborn and two-year-old are crying together! So why do I choose that ???? over and over and over again.... because it is worth it...because my life is not my own, I have surrendered my life to Him, Yahweh God can choose when He wants to open and close my womb according to His will, like the clay in the potter's hand. I KNOW that the children He has blessed us with, is the children He wants US to raise in the fear of Him. He has chosen me (and you) out of all the women to be mothers to those children. Every time you receive a child, it is a GIFT out of the hands of our Heavenly Father.

"Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me."

Mark 9:36-37




I like to say "mothering is not for sissies"......it is hard work!, but working in a full time job and studying at the same time is hard, running a Bible study is hard, being a missionary worker is hard......yet we still encourage and support women who take on those tasks, we tell them "take birth control, get sterilized, or put your children in creche so that you can focus on your life", but the mother who has many children, she is just crazy!. 

Dear mother, you are a generational changer, you are a missionary within the walls of your home, preaching the gospel and living out the gospel in front of living souls (yes, someday your children will become adults), what a high calling you have!

Throughout Biblical history Yahweh God has thoughts about the next generation. When couples get married, He already sees their children, and their children's children! and they haven't even been born yet! who will be the next generation who will walk in His ways (2 Chronicles 16:9)

Have you looked around you? Don't you agree that this world is in desperate need of strong men and women who walk the narrow path unwavering ?....well, we(believers) are raising them!
Believers in Messiah are supposed to be having children! (your own conception or through adoption, it doesn't matter!), it is His will that we fill the earth with His image.

In days gone by, large families were normal, it was normal to see a couple have 6 + children, today it is sadly frowned upon, today 2 children are the limit.

Married couples have sadly given in to the birth-control and sterilization mentality, thinking that Yahweh God doesn't care about these things, cutting off our fertility as if it belongs to us. Are we really allowed to make and do with our bodies as we see fit? is it our bodies? as the saying goes "your body, your choice". 

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's"
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

It is perfectly normal, and the most natural act created in Heaven, that when a husband and wife come together in intimacy, a child is conceived.

"But did He not make them (husband and wife) one...and why one? He seeks Godly offspring."
Malachi 2:16

When you become pregnant, do you think God is looking down at you and thinking "oh Colette! why haven't you used birth control! and now you are pregnant again!", the world thinks like that, not our Father.

"Behold, children are a heritage from Yahweh, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; they(parents) shall not be ashamed, but shall speak with their enemies in the gate"
Psalm 127: 3-5

This scripture is so powerful! Yahweh God refers to children as "arrows", which is a weapon! He also says that the man who has many children is happy, they(parents) will not be ashamed, but shall speak with their enemies in the gate...wow!
Satan knows that children are a blessing, that's why he tries to stop their existence through abortion, birth-control and sterilization. He has been doing that since the beginning of time, we see in the book of Exodus, that when the Israelites were slaves in Egypt, Pharoah hated that they were increasing in number!(yes, Yahweh God was opening wombs of the Hebrew women during a time of hard bondage and slavery) Pharoah (the enemy) had to have them killed, he was scared that they might become larger and mightier than he was (Exodus 1), but God had a bigger plan, not even the Israelites knew what He had strategically planned for them. Priests, Prophets, Prophetesses, Kings, etc. didn't just fall out of Heaven, they were born out of wombs, our Messiah was born out of a womb........the grandmother of Mary, had no idea that her granddaughter would be the mother of their long-awaited Messiah. We have no idea the plans that He has for us and our generation that comes from us.

"But the children of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly, multiplied and grew exceedingly mighty; and the land was filled with them"
Exodus 1:7

Do you think that when married couples are having children, and raising them in the fear of God, that satan gets scared and worried?....of course!, he hates children, and he hates people who live their lives according to God's will.

You might be saying "we cannot afford more children", I encourage you to read this: Is God Able to Provide for Another Baby?

You also might be saying "I'm tired, my children don't listen to me". To feel out of control because of your children's behavior, or feeling you cannot handle your children by yourself, is not okay, your children should obey you when you speak to them. Children are not perfect, they are sinful just as we are, have patience with them, and every day won't be perfect, but for the most part, they should obey you and your husband. I encourage you to read this book, written by a mom of 10! it is completely free online: Raising Godly Tomatoes - FYI, on the left-hand side of the website you will see the heading "Book", all the chapters follow under that heading.

My first daughter is no.5 after having 4 boys, I never imagined having a daughter, I was so used to being a boy-mom😍, but today when I look into her eyes...I wonder to myself that if I had to get sterilized like the Doctor pressured me to, then I would have never met her, a blessing reserved for me in Heaven, and I feel that way about all of my children, if I had to do what others said I should do with my fertility, I would have never met them.

Children are a blessing and not a burden. So, today when you see your child/children, put down your phone, get down to their level if you need to, and say " I love you, you are such a blessing to me, and I'm so glad to have you". While your children are with you, don't speak bad about them to others, have respect for your children. I know motherhood gets wearisome, but rather find a friend you can trust, and speak to her.

I hope this has blessed you.

With Love
Colette








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Became a Full -Time Wife and Mother: My Testimony.

Journey to Building Our Homestead

Submitting to Our Husband: Why and How