Building Our Home

 



If you have read my previous post (Journey To Building Our Homestead), then you know that we are in a process of moving onto a small piece of land. We should be out of our rented house by the end of July, and our new house is not up yet! it's supposed to be! ๐Ÿ˜–. 

One of the main people in this process of building our home, has deeply disappointed us, the person just simply did not meet the time frame that was agreed upon, they knew all along that it would not be met, but the person continued to lie, and never communicated to us that the agreed time frame will not be met, until...the "bomb burst". This had thrown ALL our plans out of place, and we had to basically plan again on the very last minute (with no more money). The last month have been very stressful for both Lorenzo and I; we just could not believe that this person (whom my husband knew) would throw a curve ball like that at us.  

It has been almost 3 years since we sold our home, we have been in the process of looking for land since the moment our house got sold, and it has not been an easy journey, I must also say that what we have been through is not the norm for a typical buying and selling process......but we have experienced abnormal things๐Ÿ˜Š. When we finally came right with buying land, it was a dream come true! and we relaxed and were so confident, that things would go much better from now.... but not so. The journey has been long up until now, I'm so ready to settle down, and since this big hiccup happened, I've been struggling......struggling to be the wife and mother I know He desires me to be, because I've been filled with lots and lots of frustration and anger, and I've been falling short in my role as a godly woman, but whenever I fall short, or in a very low place, He just somehow has a way of picking me up out of the pit, He does this for me EVERYTIME when I fall short, and whenever I find myself in a "pit", I think to myself "I'm not going to make it" and my faith feels too little to carry on. Psalm 40:2 says it so accurately, "He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps" 

Yahweh God has picked me up, through this scripture:

"Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying: "There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, 'Get justice for me from my adversary.' And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, 'Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me'."
Then the Lord said, " Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily.
Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"
Luke 18: 1-6


Here was a widow who persistently sought justice for a situation she found herself in, whatever happened to her, she knew it was not right towards her and she desperately needed something to be done, and justice was served to her because she never gave up. I definitely feel like that desperate widow, who needs help and intervention in an unjust situation that has come upon our family, and as the widow approached the judge, so should I come to my Father, the righteous judge, through prayer, not losing heart and crying out to Him, day and night, having the confidence that He will avenge for us......the last part of this scripture says " will He find faith on the earth?" this hit me deep in my core, and I knew that my faith is being tested......Yahweh God allowed this person to do what he is doing to us, to test my faith! when I realized this, I said, " Yahweh God I want to pass this test! help me Holy Spirit to pass this test!". Immediately my faith was lifted, and I decided that I will continue to pray, and trust Him to come through for us.

My emotions have been up and down, and most days it feels like the Father is far away from me. The testing of my faith has been rough, but I also do know it's a season we need to endure. 

Maybe today, you find yourself in a difficult situation to, can I encourage you, to not lose heart, continue to pray and trust in Him.
Life is indeed hard, and when you walk the narrow path, it is even harder! but we need trials and tribulations to mold us into the person He has created us to be, through His grace and mercy He uses bad situations to work out for our good (Romans 8:28), but the enemy uses bad situations to make us lose focus, make us doubt who God is, or if He is truly with us. I know suffering is so tough, and I definitely experience doubting Him, or even questioning if where Iam as a godly woman is truly where I should be........but please choose to listen to Yah! our creator. He gave Lorenzo this scripture:

"But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you."
1 Peter 5:10

So far Yah has already come through for us, and we were able to start building, with a new plan, His plan, because He brought things together for us and we are so grateful. We might not be done with our home in time, and we might need to camp on our plot for a little while during the building process (which should go quick because it is a little wendy house), either way, we know He is a good God! and we are trusting in Him. 

Please keep us in your prayers๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ˜Š.

With Love
Colette 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Became a Full -Time Wife and Mother: My Testimony.

Journey to Building Our Homestead

Submitting to Our Husband: Why and How